Technology is great, but businesses can struggle if they have too much of it. It’s called vendor sprawl. The result is too many apps and too many silos. The solution – or maybe the dream? – is to consolidate your apps and get the most from automation. This can help your team save money and be more efficient. The good news is we’re getting there, with new updates in the Marketing Cloud features spring release.
Here’s a look at five new features in the spring Marketing Cloud release that will help you integrate and automate your data, systems, and workflows. This way, you can focus more on your customers.
Everything you need to know
Take a full tour of our spring ‘23 release features, helping you get the most from Marketing Cloud.
Marketing Cloud Engagement: WhatsApp business messaging
WhatsApp has become an important tool for communicating with customers. The key is to deliver relevant, actionable, and authentic messages. With Marketing Cloud, you can now:
- Onboard to WhatsApp Business Platform with just a few clicks, helping you connect with customers faster
- Automate connected conversational journeys by activating WhatsApp alongside email, SMS, push notifications, and advertising. You can take action on relevant conversations to reach customers in their preferred channels.
- Use WhatsApp and Salesforce Data Cloud to deliver personalized, automated experiences for customers
Demo: WhatsApp business messaging
Marketing Cloud Engagement: Journey Builder history dashboards
Three new dashboards will help you more effectively monitor your journey activities and save time with data filtering and sorting tools that surface insights quickly. With Marketing Cloud, you can now:
- Customize your journey data in a way that works best for you
- Export your contact and journey data to help surface insights and share learnings more efficiently
Demo: Journey Builder history dashboards
Data Cloud advertising
One of the biggest updates in this seasonal release can help you better personalize your advertising across platforms. With Salesforce Data Cloud, you can now:
- Securely integrate first-party data from Data Cloud with key advertising partners to improve existing customer profiles, create smarter segments, and extend reach to new channels – all while protecting consumer privacy
- Activate highly targeted personalized advertising across Google and Meta properties, cutting wasted ad spend and improving return on investment
- Use unified first-party data from the full customer relationship to make every interaction connected and personalized
Demo: Data Cloud advertising
Marketing Cloud Intelligence: Data Stream Control Center
Managing countless data streams poses a big challenge for marketers. To improve data transparency and oversight, the new Data Stream Control Center centralizes data stream insights and management in a single view. From this new center, you have immediate visibility into what data streams need your attention, optimizing your efficiency.
The new Marketing Cloud Intelligence updates provide data stream status, evaluate data quality, and identify ingestion issues in one unified view. You can now:
- View insights on data stream status, data volume, and row management in one place to help you monitor data quality and usage
- Improve data ingestion by quickly identifying anomalies and resolving errors with stronger insights
- Receive email and Slack notifications when changes to specific sources and streams occur, so you can be proactive and ensure campaign performance
Demo: Data Stream Control Center
Marketing Cloud Intelligence: visual pivot tables
This feature update can help you explore, test, and validate your data to answer critical questions. You can now:
- Explore your data by shifting between a detailed pivot table and aggregate widget view to better see insights and trends
- Simplify data organization and evaluate data more effectively with new intuitive filtering capabilities and configurations
- Create pivot tables directly from dashboard widgets to verify data quality
Demo: visual pivot tables
See it all in action
Now that you know about the latest Marketing Cloud seasonal release, we’ll walk you through what these updates can do for your business.