I love a good pun. Okay, who am I kidding? I’m a big fan of the bad ones, too.
Halloween is the perfect holiday for marketers to get creative and let that punny side shine.
That’s why I’ve taken it u-PUN myself to create this PUN-believable list of puns to use in your marketing campaigns this spooky season.
The Ultimate List of Halloween Puns for Marketers
In each of the categories below, I’ve selected my favorite marketing halloween puns from 2023 and included some additional ideas for inspiration.
Find un-BOO-lievably creative halloween puns for:
My 2023 Favorites: Hulu, Target, Yankee Candle
What I love (from left to right in the picture above):
- Hulu: The play on words is perfection, and not pursuing “Huluween” would’ve 100% been a missed opportunity. I love that Hulu compiles all of my Halloween favorites into one cleverly-named category for easy access.
- Target: With the nod to “Hide and Seek,” Target’s Halloween campaign is completely on theme. I love the creativity behind this boutique, and it’s an effective way to re-advertise all of Target’s seasonal products.
- Yankee Candle: It’s candle season as much as it is spooky season. I love how Yankee Candle leans into Halloween with haunting imagery to promote their frighteningly good fragrances.
Halloween Puns for Marketing Campaigns
Great for: Product and content marketing, brand awareness, and social media
- If you’ve got it, haunt it. Share your Halloween costumes with us using #[hashtag] for a chance to win this year’s contest.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the fear. Take a look at this year’s Halloween line up.
- Don’t let [insert common customer problem] become a nightmare. Book a call with us today.
- Ready to BOO it yourself? We have tons of DIY resources for your next project.
- Enjoy the ghoul times. Sit back and relax while we handle [insert service] for you.
- Eat, drink, and be scary. Check out our Halloween menu for some scary good treats.
- Harvest the magic of Halloween. We have all of your seasonal favorites in one place.
- Fangs for trusting us with your [insert customer need]. Check out our website for more resources.
- This Halloween event is spook-tacular. Get your tickets before it’s too late.
- We’ve got every trick or treat in the book to help you [insert audience goal].
- Let’s get this party startled. Everything you need to host your best ghouls this Halloween.
- Get scary good at [insert task]. We can help.
- We’re bringing the monster madness. Get excited about our new [insert product or service].
- Love at first bite. Browse your favorite Halloween treats.
- Don’t get spooked by [insert common customer problem]. Let us handle it for you.
- It’s a boo-tiful time of year to start [insert task].
- Thrills and chills. We’ve got something for everyone.
- Hi, gourd-geous. Looking for the latest [insert category] hacks?
- Share this with your boo. [Insert activity] is great for groups of two or more.
- Trick or treat yourself. Try our new [insert product or service].
- We take the fear out of [insert common customer problem]. Learn more about what we have to offer.
- Have you been left hanging before? We promise we won’t ghost you.
- Our [insert service] is guaranteed to come in candy.
- Let’s pumpkin spice things up together this Halloween season.
- When it comes to [insert speciality], we’re way ahead of the carve.
Discounts and Product Offers
My 2023 Favorites: eBay, PopSockets, Michaels
What I love (from left to right in the picture above):
- eBay: Okay, eBay really sold me with the quadruple pun action. I love how they really went for it to show customers they can find any and “eerie” thing on eBay to celebrate Halloween this year.
- PopSockets: Sometimes simple can be the way to go, too. I love how straightforward this subject line is — there’s a treat inside, and it happens to be the cutest Halloween-exclusive item.
- Michaels: Michaels is known for arts and crafts. I absolutely love the “boo it yourself” play on words to point customers to their seasonal DIY products.
Halloween Puns for Discounts and Product Offers
Great for: Email marketing, websites and landing pages
- This offer is scary good. Get [x]% off your Halloween favorites.
- Here’s $[x] off so you don’t ghost us this Halloween.
- Can you boo-lieve these savings?
- We’ve got what you need for the fright price.
- All treats, no tricks inside. We promise.
- Share this deal with your boo. Get [x]% off when you refer a friend.
- We’re creepin’ it real with these savings.
- Our Halloween sale is eerie-sistible.
- Trick or treat yourself this Halloween with $[x] off.
- This sale is boo-tiful. Shop while it lasts.
- Monster savings ahead. Shop now.
- [x]% off — now that’s love at first fright.
- This discount is guaranteed to make you Hallo-SCREAM.
- Your witches have been granted. Get [x]% off through Halloween.
- Take a coffin break and browse our latest deals.
- PUMP-kin up the savings this Halloween.
- This offer is to die for. Open at your own risk.
- Don’t get ghosted by this deal. Ends 10/31.
- These prices are sweeter than your favorite Halloween candy.
- Fang-tastic savings are in your future. [x]% off your Halloween faves.
- $[x] off your next purchase. That’s the spirit.
- Deja BOO! We’re back at it again with big Halloween savings.
- You handle the tricks. We’ve got the treats this season.
- Nope, it’s not witchful thinking. Shop [x]% off now.
- Check out this deal for a spooky good time.
- These prices are one word: Fa-BOO-lous.
- You don’t have to believe in ghosts to believe in these savings.
- The best Halloween deals are fright here.
- We think $[x] off your next purchase is pretty ghoul.
- Spooktacular savings delivered right to your inbox.
- Our Halloween sale is so good, it’s scary.
- Boo you believe in $[x] off?
- This offer ends the night-mare before Halloween.
- Now these are savings you can feel gourd about.
- Beware of missing this Halloween sale. Get [x]% off your favorites.
Just For Fun
Halloween Candy Puns
- Trick or treat yourself to some candy.
- You’re goblin up all the candy.
- It’s un-candy how good your Halloween costume is.
- I’ve seen every trick (or treat) in the book.
- You don’t have to sugar coat it.
- I have a feeling this will come in candy.
- This Halloween candy tastes as good as it spells.
- Love at first bite.
- I couldn’t scare less about cavities.
- Howl much candy did you get this year?
- Are you pumped for Halloween?
- These jack-o-lanterns are gourd-geous.
- Now that’s squash goals.
- Gourd big or go home.
- Going to carve out some time for trick or treating.
- Let’s pump-kin it up.
- Oh my gourd-ness, I love Halloween.
- We’ll give you pumpkin to talk about.
- Gourd vibes only.
- I’ll patch you later.
Random Halloween Puns
- Yas, Hallow-queen.
- Bugs and hisses for all who celebrate.
- Time to get this party startled.
- Ghouls just want to have fun.
- I don’t have a scare in the world.
- More mummy, more problems.
- We can always count on Halloween to lift our spirits.
- I just need some zombie to love.
- You used to call me on my skel-phone.
- I have a few ghost puns, but they’re not very ghoul.
- Hocus focus on the good things in life.
- Oh my gourd-ness, you scared me.
- Hi, boo-tiful.
- I just got ghosted.
- This is going to be a great Halloween, I can feel it in my bones.
- I love that for ghoul.
- Be scareful out there.
- I’m creepin’ it real.
- Just trying to be transparent with you.
- Witching you a happy Halloween.
Have a PUN-derful Halloween
I hope this list inspires you to be the punniest marketer you can be.